Dugas Dental believes that every visit should be relaxing and comfortable. Although we offer extra-strength numbing gel and noise-cancelling headphones, sometimes that is not enough to reduce the stress and anxiety some patients feel when they visit a dentist. If your fear of the dentist keeps you from receiving the dentistry you want and deserve, IV sedation is the answer.
Benefits of IV (Twilight) Sedation
- You will not see, hear, or feel anything during your visit. You sleep while we work!
- Long appointments will fly by and will be over in what feels like minutes
- Because the sedation is light, patients will be awake and alert usually within 20-30 minutes after their appointment
- Discomfort and anxiety are non-existent
Procedures That Are Ideal For IV Sedation
- Any procedure for which a patient has a hard time getting numb
- Any procedure for which a patient has dental anxiety
- Implant placement
- Root canals
- Patients with sensitive teeth
- Deep cleanings