Orthodontic Treatment For Adults: Treat Orthodontic Problems At Any Age
The Benefits Of Orthodontic Treatment For Adults: Cosmetic, Corrective, Preventive, And Restorative Treatment
Orthodontic treatment comes with a wide range of cosmetic, corrective, and restorative benefits! At Dugas Dental & Carr Orthodontics, we offer patients the best orthodontic options based on their specific goals and needs. If you have any questions or concerns, our team will be happy to give you all the information you need to achieve your ideal smile.
What Conditions Can You Treat With Orthodontics?
Orthodontic treatments are ideal for patients with a wide range of cosmetic, corrective, and restorative concerns. You should consider orthodontics if you have one or more of the following problems:
- Wide spacing between teeth
- Impacted or missing teeth
- Open bite
- Deep bite
- Dental protrusion
- Tooth wear from teeth grinding (bruxism)
- Vertical discrepancies
- Excessive overjet
What Are The Benefits Of Orthodontic Treatment?
There are plenty of functional and cosmetic advantages to getting braces or clear aligners. The long-term benefits of orthodontic treatment include:
- Cosmetic – Orthodontic treatment improves facial and dental symmetry.
- Restorative – Orthodontics, combined with restorative dentistry, restores full functionality to your bite.
- Preventive – Orthodontic procedures can help reduce the risk of periodontitis and bone loss.
- Corrective – Corrective surgery will help you develop better long-term oral health.
Are Orthodontic Treatment And Procedures Painful?
Oral appliances like braces and retainers shouldn’t be painful. For surgical procedures, most dental practices offer topical anesthesia to reduce or even completely eliminate pain.
What Are The Different Stages Of Orthodontic Treatment?
After an initial consultation with a trusted orthodontist, you can expect to go through three phases of treatment:
- Phase 1 – In this phase, an orthodontist will diagnose your dental issues. We may use panoramic x-rays, digital scans, dental exams, or photography to assess your teeth.
- Phase 2 – The active phase is your actual treatment plan. We’ll track your progress during follow-up appointments and make any necessary adjustments.
- Phase 3 – The retention phase helps patients maintain the results of their orthodontic treatment with custom-made retainers. This helps teeth recover and adapt to their new alignment.
What Should You Look For In An Orthodontist?
Orthodontic procedures are delicate and must only be performed by licensed professionals. Before booking an appointment with an orthodontist, make sure to check for the following criteria:
- Skill level and experience
- High patient success rate
- Before and after photos
- Best value for money
- Dental insurance plans
- Available technology
- Types of treatment offered
Get The Best Orthodontic Treatment At Dugas Dental & Carr Orthodontics
For the best results, you should only trust experts in the field of orthodontics. Thankfully, you’re in good hands at Dugas Dental & Carr Orthodontics. Schedule an appointment with us today, and our team will be happy to discuss your options!