Dear Dugas Dental Family,
We hope this letter finds you and your family in good health. Our community has been through a lot over the last few months, and all of us are looking forward to resuming our normal habits and routines. While many things have changed, one thing has remained the same: our commitment to your safety.
Infection control has always been a top priority for our practice and you may have seen this during your visits to our office. Our infection control processes are made so that when you receive care, it’s both safe and comfortable. You may see some changes when it is time for your next appointment. We made these changes in accordance with new OSHA and CDC guidelines in order to help protect our patients and staff. Our new protocol (for the time being) will be as follows:
- New CDC guidelines require that all patients complete a pre-screening questionnaire over the phone within 1 week of your appointment date. You will be required to complete the questionnaire again when you arrive for your appointment. If you do not complete both questionnaires, the CDC and OSHA recommend that we reschedule your appointment.
- We will significantly decrease the number of patients seen at a time. We will do our best to allow greater time between appointments to reduce waiting times for you, as well as to reduce the number of patients in the reception area at any one time. Our traditional waiting room will be closed. We will no longer offer magazines, children’s toys, coffee, bottled water, and so forth since those items are difficult to clean and disinfect.
- We will ask all patients to wait in their vehicles when they arrive for their appointment. We will ask you to text/call us when you arrive and we will text/call you when your chair is available. This will reduce gatherings at the front desk.
- All patients will be asked to wear a facemask or face covering when entering the office.
- Upon arrival, we are required to take all patients’ temperatures with a touchless thermometer. Anyone with a temperature over 100.4F will need to be rescheduled.
- If the patient or anyone in their household has symptoms such as a fever, cough, respiratory issues, etc, or has been exposed to COVID 19, please cancel your appointment.
- Only the patient being treated will be allowed in the office with a maximum of 1 accompanying adult per child that is under 12
- All appointments will be scheduled (and payments will be taken) over the phone instead of checking out
We understand these measures are inconvenient and we hope they are only in-place short term. We look forward to seeing you again and are happy to answer any questions you may have about the steps we take to keep you, and every patient, safe in our practice. To make an appointment, please call our office at (740) 548-0575 or visit our website at www.dugasdental.com.
Thank you for being our patient. We value your trust and loyalty and look forward to welcoming back our patients, neighbors, and friends.
Dr. Justin Dugas and Team